COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Heartfelt Capture collects information to provide better services to its users and to better understand the visitors to its websites and what content is of interest to them. Heartfelt Capture collects information in the following ways:
- information you affirmatively choose to submit to us (such as your name, email address, company name, title, country) for the purpose of accessing various downloads, viewing specific content, subscribing to Heartfelt Capture newsletters, registering for events and your preferences in receiving marketing from Heartfelt Capture and its third party partners and your communication preferences, etc. Information we have obtained about you from publicly available sources such as social media, marketing platforms or on events, you attended. You will receive marketing communications from Heartfelt Capture if you have requested information from Heartfelt Capture or you or your employer has purchased services from Heartfelt Capture;
- information Heartfelt Capture receives from your use of Heartfelt Capture websites, such as the IP address, browser type, ISP, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, domain name and country/state of all visitors to Heartfelt Capture’s websites;
- location information when you use Heartfelt Capture’s websites as Heartfelt Capture may collect and process information about your location. Heartfelt Capture may use various technologies and tools to determine location;
- information that is considered aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data which Heartfelt Capture may use for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, unless Heartfelt Capture combines or connects aggregated data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you; and
- Heartfelt Capture collects technical data from various third parties and public sources as, such as:
- analytics providers
- advertising networks
- search information providers
Other than as required by law, Heartfelt Capture websites do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Heartfelt Capture will not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Heartfelt Capture will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless it reasonably considers that it needs to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If Heartfelt Capture needs to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, Heartfelt Capture will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows Heartfelt Capture to do so.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Heartfelt Capture may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to its professional advisers, third-party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to Heartfelt Capture (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of Heartfelt Capture websites), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in Privacy Notices or notified to you when Heartfelt Capture collects your personal information.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where Heartfelt Capture believes disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish or defend its legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, Heartfelt Capture’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which Heartfelt Capture collects it.
However, Heartfelt Capture will normally collect personal information from you only (a) where it needs the personal information to perform a contract with you, (b) where the processing is in its legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights, or (c) where it has your consent to do so. In some cases, Heartfelt Capture may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which Heartfelt Capture collects and uses your personal information, please contact Heartfelt Capture using the contact details provided under the “Contact Details” heading below.
USE OF INFORMATION
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, Heartfelt Capture considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which Heartfelt Capture processes your personal information and whether it can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Heartfelt Capture protects your personal information in the same way that it protects its other confidential information, such as storing it on secure servers that only select Heartfelt Capture personnel have access to, and by encrypting it to help prevent access by any unauthorized parties. Heartfelt Capture has put in place procedures to deal with any personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach when legally required to do so.
As explained above, Heartfelt Capture will collect and use your personal data for marketing purposes. Your data will be stored in our CRM system. We will use your data to inform you about Heartfelt Capture products and services we think may be of your interest and to send you our newsletters. For statistical purposes, we will collect information about your response to our emails and our interaction with you to make decisions on future marketing. If you wish to have us stop collecting and using this information please send an email to email@example.com from the email address that you would like to be removed with the link the subject “Stop collecting data”.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, you have the following data protection rights which you may be able to exercise by contacting Heartfelt Capture using the contact details provided under the “Contact Details” heading below:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting Heartfelt Capture.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask Heartfelt Capture to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information by contacting Heartfelt Capture.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that Heartfelt Capture sends you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails Heartfelt Capture sends you or by using the relevant opt-out mechanism for non-email based marketing.
- Similarly, if Heartfelt Capture has collected and processes your personal information based on your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing Heartfelt Capture conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about Heartfelt Capture’s collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, Heartfelt Capture may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Heartfelt Capture tries to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, Heartfelt Capture will notify you and keep you updated.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
This version was last updated on 21 January 2019 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting Heartfelt Capture.
Heartfelt Capture, LLC